I have decided to migrate my blog from Nucleus CMS to WordPress. Nucleus CMS was great when I started the blog, but WordPress meanwhile has way surpassed it in flexibility and capability. At the same time I moved the site to the new DreamPress service of Dreamhost. A very affordable VPS hosting solution optimised for WordPress. During migration this site is work in progress.
IT Audit Manager at NN Group, loving girlfriend Gerda and sons Wouter and Reinier.
There are 19 posts published under Site.
After a year with my previous host I decided to move again as I wanted more flexibility and options.
In the end I decided to move to Dreamhost.com after reading some very favourable stories about them online.
Please let me know if you experience any glitches due to this move.
However, due to several annoying bugs, but most importantly the fact that support for Blog:CMS is basically a one-person (albeit most of the times a very helpful person) venture, I decided to move back to Nucleus again.
Please report any glitches you might encounter.
For an overview of some of the reasons I choose to migrate:
Today I have successfully migrated the gallery script of my photo pages from version 1.5RC4 to 2.01 of Exhibition Engine (EE). See more on the EE forums for information on this magnificent gallery script.
Please give me a mail if you encounter migration errors.
The last two days I have spent my time updating my website in several aspects:
- Upgrade of the weblog engine from Blog:CMS v3.4 to v3.5.2
- The weblog section is now XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant, also the CSS used for the weblog passes the W3C CSS Validator. The other sections are not (yet) standards compliant because the scripts I use there are not compliant and I lack the knowledge and (especially) time to correct this myself.
- With the help of a very friendly DVD Profiler forum user (thanks Fred!), I have installed an improved version of the phpDVDProfiler script for the DVD collection section. The old script was not compatible anymore with my increasing amount of DVD’s and the new DVD Profiler version.
- The layout of all sections is made more uniform, the Book and Music collection sections are updated.
As always I like to hear any errors you might encounter and other things I have missed upgrading.
Today I have upgraded to version 3.4.7 of Blog:CMS. One of the new features is that now a WAP version of my weblog is available. So surf to http://w.xandermol.com with your XHTML Mobile 1.0 capable mobile phone to check this out!
And as always: please contact me in case of any remarks or encountered errors. Alas my own phone (Nokia 7650) is not XHTML enabled, so I can’t test the wap page on my own mobile. But I already planned buying a new phone in the next three months anyway 😉
Again an upgrade of the weblog software. As always I appreciate bug reports, errors and/or comments.
Next to my online music collection (see next item), also my book collection is now database driven.
Build using the same software, but now using Collectorz.com Book Collector.
<%image(1/20040809-book_logo.gif|110|105|Collectorz.com Book Collector)%>
Finally I have made a database driven solution for my online music collection instead of the old, hard to maintain and non-searchable static HTML pages.
The music collection is now fully searchable and more flexible.
I have build this PHP solution with the following software:
My book collection will follow soon!
<%image(1/20040809-music_logo.gif|110|105|Collectorz.com Music Collector)%>
I have (again) upgraded the weblog engine running this site. I am now running BLOG:CMS v3.2 Donald Trump Edition, one of the most complete, feature-packed, personal publishing systems on the market, developed by Radek Hulan.
As always, I like to hear when you have comments or encounter errors.
For a full overview of the features of BLOG:CMS v3.2, click the [read more] link.
BLOG:CMS Donald Trump
Edition contains advanced skins, 45 pre-configured plugins, fully compatible with table prefix, advanced CSS files, and much more. It generates XHTML 1.0
STRICT valid code.
Plugins included in BLOG:CMS v3.2 Donald Trump Edition:
- NP_BlogWithOffset – display blog
- NP_Calendar – calendar with links to days you’ve posted.
- NP_Chat – minichat / shoutbox plugin.
- NP_CommentControl – comment control against trolls and spammers.
- NP_CommentEditLink – edit all comments directly from your blog.
- NP_CommentPreview – preview comments before being posted.
- NP_CSS – CSS Style Switcher.
- NP_CSSAdmin – CSS Style Switcher for
- NP_EditControls – htmlArea – WYSIWYG editor for Nucleus CMS.
- NP_FancierURL – URLs like /item/this-is-a-title instead
- NP_FancyText – phpBB like formatting, threaded discussion for comments, smilies.
- NP_GZip – GZip your website to
- NP_HeaderNavigation – accesibility plugin.
- NP_LatestComments – shows last 5 comments made.
- NP_LatestDisc – shows last 5 discussions in 5 different articles.
- NP_LatestItems – shows last 5 articles posted.
- NP_Log –
simple log for your blog.
- NP_MailToAFriend – email an article.
- NP_MostKarma – shows posts with most karma points.
- NP_MostPopular – shows most commented posts.
- NP_MostViewed – shows most viewed posts.
- NP_Newsfeed – blogroll, works for your
own blog too!
- NP_OffsetArticles – links to next/previous 10 articles, titles, latest commets.
- NP_OffsetEntriesLink – jump to
next/previous set of articles.
- NP_PageLinkList – go to page 1,2,3, etc.
- NP_PDF – export article to PDF.
- NP_Poll –
run polls with multiple questions.
- NP_Print – print your article.
- NP_Random – display a random quote.
- NP_Referrer – track who is linking to your website.
- NP_Related – show local and google search results, related to your article.
- NP_RSSBlog – RSS feed of last 20 comments made.
- NP_RSSItem – RSS feed of current item.
- NP_SearchHighlight – highhlight
search results for users that came from google.com and like.
- NP_Table – create tables, lists, header files online.
- NP_TrackBack – trackback for your articles.
- NP_Viewed – article views counter.
- NP_Weather – shows weather forecast for next 3
days + current weather.
- NP_WIE – who is online plugin.
- NP_WordCount – count words in your article.
- NP_XMLTools – RSS
feed of complete articles, or only extracts.